Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Hello... I've waited here for you.

Well, well, well.

Today was the last day of work for me.

What a weird feeling.

Said goodbyes to the people I have worked with for the last ten years. Took my pictures off the walls; filled some boxes; went to lunch; threw out ten years worth of things I'll never need to look at again.

Right after work, I ran for about an hour.

And after that, went directly to Crystal Lake and played a round of disc golf with one of my oldest friends, who we'll call T-Rex. (T-Rex beat my ass, as usual.) It was a beautiful, sunny, Wisconsin afternoon. I'm going to miss him terribly.

That will be a really hard goodbye. He lives a couple blocks away, and we have gotten to spend a lot of time together over the last several years. We've been friends since 7th grade... I know we'll see them again, but, you know.

What a weird feeling.

Sad, but at the same time exhilarating and liberating feeling. A feeling that everything is wide open, and full of possibilities.

Anything is possible. New town. New life.

I imagine I feel just like I did when this picture was taken:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dude, you got like, three feet of air.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bell said...

the sledding picture and comment made me laugh my ass off

10:10 PM  
Blogger Henry Hill said...

Ever take any SWEET JUMPS with that thing?

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home