Friday, May 27, 2005

Stonehenge, where the demons dwell. Where the banshees live and they do live well.

T-minus 1.5 work days and counting.

Strange, scary, stressful- dealing with health, auto, & homeowner's insurance; copying files from the work computer; being treated as if you are already gone by people while you are right in front of them; packing; real estate closings; money; changing addresses for a million things; closing bank accounts; juggling investments; are my clients going to be OK?; trying to fit 2 months worth of social engagements into ten days; resigning from boards of directors; worried parents; holy-shit-am-I-doing-the-right-thing?

This? -

Exciting, liberating, joyful- coming into work unshowered, wearing jeans (OK, that happened plenty before I resigned); walking around with a shit-eating grin on my face (OK, that happened plenty, too); no more practicing law; knowing that in about three weeks, I will be looking at grizzlies; knowing that in about 7 months, I will be standing alone on a snowboard, looking down a gladed slope, soaking in the moment before the thrill of gravity puts my heart in my throat; knowing that the mortgage is paid in Bozeman until September and that all I really have to do is, well, nothing...

Or this? -



The only thing I really know is that I've got a fever... and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home