Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A storm is threatening my very life today. If I don't get some shelter, oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away.

Resized some photos, although my good buddy Wave says, and I quote,

"As for the people who have dial-up modems, and have trouble downloading the pictures...fuck 'em. Let them spend $ 12.00 a month for DSL. Seacrest out."

Wave is one of the funniest people I know.

Back when we were 18, Wave and I were in this supermarket in a wealthy, Jewish suburb of Boston. It was the middle of the day, and the supermarket was packed with little old ladies and J.ewish A.merican P.rincess housewives with children in tow.

The checkout aisles were packed. This was back in the late 80's, before kids had sex at 13, and there were bowls of condoms in the junior high cafeteria lunch line... they were kept under lock and key behind the counter, and you had to choke out your selection to the clerk.

We get up to check out, and the cashier is scanning our stuff. Wave, in a booming voice, says, "I'LL HAVE A BOX OF TROJAN CONDOMS, PLEASE!"

Every head swivels over toward Wave and I. The cashier sheepishly reaches for the condoms, and Wave says, "OH NO, NO, NO, NOT THE THREE-PACK! I NEED THE TWENTY-FOUR PACK." He winked at the cashier and said, "BIG WEEKEND COMING UP!"

Little old ladies and housewives are gaping, wide-eyed at Wave and I.

Then Wave leans in and whispers, sotto voce, "oh, and could i have a box of marlboro lights, please."

Seacrest out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home