Friday, June 24, 2005

Where's that confounded bridge?

Just went out on a recon mission to secure the perimeter on my sweet bike. It was chilly.

As usual, I rousted my buddy the owl and junior, who flew up, circled and watched me. Damn, he is big.

Sorry about the picture quality. I am still learning to use the camera, and I was on my sweet bike. I tried to crop them, so you could see that it was actually an owl, instead of a dark blip on a blue background.


This one, you can tell he is an owl...


This, too...


Here he (or, more likely, she) is with junior...


Here he is being a badass, telling me to get the hell off his turf, so he can enjoy his ground squirrel breakfast with his kids...


I wish this one had better quality...


It's pretty cool. When I ride or run out there, I never know where or when he is going to take off from. When he does, it is completely silent. By comparison, I scared up some huge ravens today, and you can hear their wings flapping and clacking as they take flight. The owl is a stealth fighter, and makes no noise...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmyboy said...

Does that owl have large talons?

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home