Saturday, June 25, 2005

You got a reaction. You got a reaction, didn't you. You took a white orchid. You took a white orchid, turned it blue.

Odds & Ends...

Today's police blotter contained the following items:

€ Officers heard screaming on East Main Street Thursday. It was a drunken woman and she was told to quiet down.

€ A woman was walking in circles in the middle of North Fifth Avenue Thursday. Officers took her home.

€ A driver threw a paper cup out of her window on Hyalite Road Thursday.

--
--
Over the last week, I have covered 35 miles running, 5 miles walking and approximately 15 miles by "sweet bike." 55 miles under my own power in 7 days.
Before we grow dreads and start yelling Green Power! Save the Earth, man!... let's review:

I didn't really go anywhere, since most of it was just for exercise, with the exception of a few trips to the bank and the post office on my sweet bike.
And even if I did accomplish something with all 55 of those me-powered miles, I only saved about $ 5 worth of premium gas, even in my gas-guzzling car.

--
--

Our golden retriever, Barney, is really high strung, as you can see by these pictures:



--
--

I love that White Stripes song in the title bar of this post. I still cannot stop listening to the new Foo, either.
--
--
I accomplished an awful lot today, assembling a dresser and eleven sets of shelves, all while constructing a ghetto version of a california closet for my walk-in closet. Then, of course, I finally unpacked all my clothes, and put them in their proper slots. India predicted that this fit of organization will last approximately a week to ten days.
--
--
The renter moved in today to our rental house four houses down. I still can't believe how easy that was. No ad in the paper, no screening, no nothing. Just my builder finishing building the house and saying, "Hey, I have a really good renter for you for about a year."

Boom. Done.
--
--
This was the first year since the 1970's that I did not watch a single game of the NBA Finals. I watched some of the first two rounds, because I was still in Wisconsin, but I watched none of the finals. We're pretty isolated from professional sports here, but somehow, I think I will find better ways to fill my time besides sitting in front of a television.

Like using all that free time entertaining you yahoos with this blog.

I'm not sure that is an improvement.
--
--
Tomorrow, we are going on a huge hike. Eleven miles, round trip. 2000 feet of vertical gain and 2000 feet back down. We pass a dozen waterfalls, and end up at a high, alpine lake. I am super excited. Besides the snowboarding, this is really why I moved here.

Although, it is liberating to ride a bike with a huge, dorky, orange milk crate attached to run errands around town, and not give a flying fuck what anyone thinks.



You think it's badass. Admit it. Go on. Nobody's watching. Just say it. "That is badass."

I knew that you could.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

badass...hey, in Mad-town yesterday, saw a biker with a Rubbermaid tote strapped on. With a lid. I'm just sayin'. Give Barn a belly rub for me. Hey, just remembered I dreamed about Puck last night. Pretty sad that I dream about your dogs...

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that the milk crate over the back tire is more masculine than say the basket atop the handle bars in the front like Little Red Riding Hood.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why not put a few baseball cards with clothes pins in the spokes or get a little license plate that says "retard"?

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home