Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Now I love to feel that warm, southern rain,
Just to hear it fall is the sweetest sounding thing.

And to see it fall across your country dress,
It's like heaven, I must confess.
--
--
Yesterday, we went to town on the house, cleaning and organizing. My task was the floors, which were a pain in the ass. I vaccuumed up the tumbleweeds of hair on the wood floor. Then I mopped. But it was streaky, so I mopped again. And it was still streaky, so I swiffered.

India cleaned everything else but the floors, and cut fresh wildflowers.

Then I went over to Bells' house to play guitar for a couple hours.

They have an unbelievable garden...



Later, we moved the party over to our house.

Here is Mrs. Bells, who brought over homemade caramel black walnut ice cream...


Here is Bells, Jr.


After we ate, we headed into the meadow to scare up the hawks and watch the fireworks. The hawks circled and watched us as the sun went down. There were probably 15-20 different sources of fireworks that we could see from the meadow.

I am feeling lazy this morning...
--
--
P.S. Both of the Bells work for the Forest Service... and yesterday, we were chatting about the hike India and I took up & into Hellroaring Canyon and the Lee Metcalf Wilderness.

Bells informed us that the Lee Metcalf Wilderness is where they put the "Problem Grizzlies" from Yellowstone.

Nice to know that. Now. Maybe next time I won't slather myself with bacon fat before I hike there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home