Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Countin' flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all. Playing solitaire til dawn, with a deck of fifty-one.

This is an online petition to support research for kids born with heart defects, like my niece, Lucy.


This tough little shaver went through a series of very complicated heart surgeries when she was just a few weeks old. I believe she underwent ten procedures, and things were very touch-and-go for a while, as less than 10% of the children born with her ailment survive. She had something called Tetralogy of Fallot, a four-part heart defect, combined with Pulmonary Atresia, which means she was born without a pulmonary artery to one lung.

She was very fortunate to pull through. I am happy to report that she is a happy, healthy, smart, sassy little beauty...



In the immortal words of Winston Wolf, "If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please. With sugar on top. Sign the fuckin' petition."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home