Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I like pleasure spiked with pain and music is my aeroplane... is my aeroplane.

Musings:

- I thought of my friend, Quagmire, yesterday. (BTW, he has arrived in NYC and is back posting. Check it and see. I've got a fever of a hundred and three.) He starts off every entry with a memorable quote he heard that day.

Yesterday, I went to give blood for the first time since high school. I have no idea why I stayed away so long. Between that and the sperm bank, I could be raking in the cash.

When you arrive at the bloodmobile, which is just like the batmobile, except it is used for blood donation instead of crime-fighting, they sit you down and run through some basic information.

The duder who was taking my info was named "Ole." No shit. After living in Wisconsin and hearing hundreds of dumb Ole and Lena jokes, here was my first live contact with someone actually named "Ole."

Well, Ole and I sit down, and he busts right out with the following Quagmire-worthy question:

"Since 1977, has anyone given you money or drugs in exchange for sex?"

After a loud guffaw, I told Ole, "I used to go crazy with that shit until '76. Then I turned eight, started second grade, and kind of outgrew it."

He chuckled and told me that I should see the looks he gets when he asks that question of 60 year old ladies.

Afterwards, I enjoyed a few hours of the feeling you get when you stand up too quick. Although, come to think of it, I have that feeling all the time.
--

The guest blog entries continue to roll in. Last night, Eck sent me one that I will post next week.


--

By the way, the serendipitous matching of the Tenacious D "Kielbasa" song lyric and the Chest Rockwell/Dirk Diggler picture below was completely unintentional, if a bit subliminally freudian. Seriously.

--

I stumbled across a blog written by Kevin Smith. You know, Silent Bob. The guy who directed Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, etc. It is pretty entertaining.

It is Silent Bob Speaks.

As I was surfing through it, I came across an entry that made me a little misty-eyed. He wrote a beautiful piece about his dad passing away and their last day together. Clicque here.

--

Despite my "retirement," I continue to receive calls for legal advice. Crikey.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in."


--

I just heard they are extending the Sopranos final season from 12 episodes to 20, which is awesome. Best... show... ever.

--

I had an incredibly lucid dream about snowboarding. I am enjoying summer fully, but I feel like a kid at Christmas when I think about what winter will be like here.

I'd like ten thousand marbles, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home