Monday, August 01, 2005

Mom and dad went to a show. Dropped me off at Grandpa Joe's. I kicked and screamed, said, "Please, don't go."

Grandma, take me home.

Read your comments, you pervy bastards.

I was sitting there today, adrift in a sea of random thought.

Just dropping a line in a non-linear stream of consciousness and hooking whatever nibbled.

I hit on an idea that had been percolating for a while...

Several of you who read this blog have written me lengthy emails, telling me about what's going on in your life, or occasionally you will relate a good story that happened. I don't know if you send them because you read this, feel like you are getting an account of what is going on with me, and feel compelled to respond in kind; or maybe you just feel weirdly voyeuristic reading this, and want to purge that feeling.

In any case, I love receiving them. It's nice to know who is out there, checking in on the Duder, and knowing that you, too, are abiding. It is especially nice because we haven't met all that many people out here in Bozeman yet. (So far, the number of hawks, owl, deer, marmot, elk, moose and bears I have met far exceeds the the number of homo sapiens I have met. Of course, this could be because I choose to spend every spare moment in the wilderness, but I digress...)

It's good to know what old friends are up to these days. In some cases, I have heard from people I have not heard from since the 1980's, but, somehow, through the magic of the interweb, word of this little site got passed around to people with whom I went to high school, people with whom I attended college, people with whom I went to law school, people I do not know, and people I have known all my life.

Anyway, it's great to hear from you all, and by all means, keep the email flowing.

So, back to that idea. (For those of you in the Northeast, "idear.")

"The Guest Blog."

This idear was born shortly after the inception of this blog, when Jimmyboy started emailing me hilarious stories of his weekend adventures.

So, I invite you, dear readers, to email me your adventures, stories, or something funny that you observed or experienced, and I will post it here. It doesn't have to be long, or have perfect grammar. It does not have to involve pictures... It just has to be entertaining, interesting, humorous, embarassing or weird. No need to worry; I will not divulge your identity. You can choose your Guest Blog Name, or I will bestow one upon you. If I get enough response, I will put up one a week.

The first intrepid soul to submit one will receive a valuable prize...

(Drumroll, please.)

This pair of sweet-ass Elvis shades:


And a pretty damn good mix CD or CD from my collection of your choosing. (I must say, I recently made a Best of Foo Fighters that they should consider releasing, and a Best of Zeppelin with a focus on the more obscure that I know many of you will enjoy...)

Any entries following the first pioneer get a CD.

joemilitello33@yahoo.com

Click it; write it; you won't regret it. You know you always wanted a pair of Elvis shades but never had the balls to buy them...

---
---

That said, I received an email of some rather fine original artwork from the BDC's own David "Hay-soose" Thor Grit, now spreading the gospel in the Bay area. I thought it was great...




If any of you are interested in Thor Grit's artwork, drop me a line, and I will hook you up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That art sux! Is your friend David a pot smoking junkie who is in life for the shock value. 10 bucks says there are bongs and joints hidden throughout the artwork for only him and his goofball friends to know about.
Oh the fun we have sitting around our bay area efficiency, smoking pot, playing out of the ordinary instruments, trying to find the fatty hidden in the tractor tire.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't listen to that downer! I think his art is great.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jimmyboy said...

As in the "Bay Area" you mean Green Bay right?

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Art is cool. So is pot.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home