Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. And since we've no place to go...

It is a chilly, rainy day here in Bozeman.

But the clouds lifted off of the mountains, and I looked out the window...

and can see SNOW in them thar hills!!!!

You have no idea how excited this makes me.

Normally, back in Wisconsin, I would start to get the itch in September, and begin visiting various resort websites, dreaming of my February or March winter snowboarding trip(s). That itch would go unscratched for months, while I waited.

A very good friend of mine, Leo, once dubbed me Instant Gratification Man. With that kind of a nickname, you can imagine how painful it was for me to wait and plan, looking at sea-level landscape, eagerly awaiting the next time I would be above, say, 8000 feet, strapped into a board.

I am sure this snow won't stick around; it is August, after all. But, man.

I think I am getting a little verklempt. My pulse rate definitely increased. I may be hyperventilating.

Crikey, that's exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home