Sunday, August 14, 2005

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you. By now you should've somehow realized what you've got to do.

Impossibly blue skies today. Our two day cold spell is over.

I received a surprise call from one of my former school board colleagues, The Detective. It was good to hear from him and catch up on what has transpired since I left. It feels like that was a whole other life. I guess it was.

Then I spoke with Will Danger for a while, and hatched schemes to amass enough wealth to permanently park our asses on a beach in Costa Rica with an umbrella drink in ten years.

I shuffled through some paperwork, setting up a limited liability company and going through some things for a real estate closing this week.

At about noon, India and I took a stroll on a trail above Bozeman...



It had some nice views of the town. Those buildings in the distance are on Main St.


That is the campus.


We walked by the future site of the Bozeman Library. They are building a brand-new, state-of-the-art library. There is some squabbling over funding and management, but it should be cool when it is done. The current library is very late-60's and the town needs a new one.



Here are a few different views of downtown.



This place is the Garage, a low-key outdoor restaurant.



This is where Walter and Donny hang out. And Walter sure as shit doesn't roll on Shomer Shabbaz.


Later on, I threw a perfect game with Pedro Martinez and last year's Red Sox against the Yankees on PS2. I may add that to the resume.

Speaking of which, I sent a resume and cover letter to Robert Redford last week, offering to let him spend the night with me for one million dollars. No response yet.

We watched The Upside of Anger last night, with Kevin Costner and Joan Allen. India picked it out, and because she usually puts up with my movie selections like a trooper, I went along with it. It turned out to be surprisingly watchable. I had fairly low expectations, and I found myself laughing at their drunken antics. I give it a solid B, mostly because it really exceeded my expectations.

We also watched the first DVD of the t.v. series Arrested Development. It was absolutely hilarious. I had no idea they still made funny television shows. This one is an absolute winner. I highly recommend the DVD format- no commercials and back-to-back-to-back episodes. A+.

Since we arrived on June 11th, I have polished off six books, and parts of three others. I am reading down my stock of unread books, loading up on fiction as the main course, with side dishes of real estate, business books and hiking guides.

It is liberating to be free of the shackles of television. I have even given up my beloved Daily Show, mostly because it comes on really late here.

I am finding that this complete upheaval of my life gets better and better every day. We become immersed in our daily routines and think we have no choice but to follow those routines forever. Change is good, but most people fear it. Sometimes, you should skip the dipping your toes and deliberating and just jump in the damn water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home