Saturday, September 03, 2005

I was thinking about what a friend had said. I was hoping it was a lie.

I am not even sure what to say at this point. I am stunned by it all, and I feel helpless.

This article is one of the most brutal accounts I have read.

That is, until I read this one.

Like the Neil Young song above, I just keep hoping that it isn't that bad, but it is... It is.

It has been a staggeringly poor response by the US of A. We are supposedly the world's only superpower (hello china), and this is the best we can do?

Before you get your Bill O'Reilly Underoos in a twist, I don't mean that as a partisan issue. Everyone dropped the ball. I just don't think anyone envisioned it could be a disaster on such a Colossally Fucked Up scale. It's like friggin Somalia.

Help out. Being up to your waist in shit, dead bodies, and industrial waste is no fun. Losing your home and everything you own sucks.

New Orleans is Fucked. They estimate it will take 6 months to drain the water out, and another 3 months to dry everything out.

And if you want to help out some scared critters who have nowhere to go, click here.

You've got a few extra bucks. Pry open your wallet and help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home