Sunday, September 04, 2005

No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now. We're the Renegades of Funk. Poppin', sockin', rockin', puttin' a side of hip hop.

Will is late, so here are a few quickies:

There aren't many bugs here in Montana. Nevertheless, I just may go to Wal Mart amd buy a bug zapper. Why? 'Cause me and my lady, we need some mood lighting in the bedroom. That, and I have the flies.

--

The Hives are great because only 25% of their songs crack the three minutes, and most don't even crack two minutes. There is value in saying what you have to say and shutting the fuck up. Someday, maybe I will apply that to myself.

--

Is there any reason to keep these 700 cd cases around anymore? Does anyone give a shit what song number 6 is on Rage Against the Machine's first album is? (Know Your Enemy.)

Speaking of whom, I saw them at the Tibetan Freedom Concert about 5 years ago with my friend Bells. (The Cult, Blondie, Eddie Vedder, The Roots, Run DMC, Otis Rush, Live and the Beastie Boys also played.)

But Rage Against the Machine ruled the day. It was the loudest, angriest, rockingest (new word), kick-assingest (another) hour of music I have ever seen. You could Feel the Power.

I wish they had never broken up. Audioslave is but a pale, pale shadow of what once was...

Seriously, it was that good.

And I have seen some damn good concerts in my day. The Who's first farewell in '89. An Amnesty International Show back in the 80's with U2 and a reunited Police, and Robin Williams (when he was funny) doing stand-up between acts. Several really good U2 shows. Floyd. Led Fucking Zeppelin from the 6th row in Vegas (Vegas!)... I know, it was Page-Plant, but Jimmy Page was sober, and it was Led Fucking Zeppelin as far as I am concerned. I have seen some excellent Pearl Jam shows. Stevie Ray Vaughan. Too many to remember...

But that Rage show.

Damn.

Happy Labor Day.

I have adult ADD.

And the flies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home