Thursday, October 27, 2005

I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft.

-A couple things:

The quote below, in the post with the sunset pictures, about "I'm going to be just like you: the job, the family, the fucking big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home...etc" was from Trainspotting. It is the closing quote in the movie. It is nearly identical to the opening quote of the movie, which I used in another post last week.

So was the quote about "It's SHITE being Scottish."

I assumed it was clear those weren't my words, and that even if you weren't intimately familiar with books and movies about Scottish junkies, that you would enjoy the spirit. Apparently, I was wrong. More than one person thought those were my sentiments. While Irvine Welsh's work does resonate with me, and I enjoy it greatly, those weren't my words. I should try to credit them somehow, but I didn't figure it was necessary.

I also didn't write the song "My Hero" in yesterday's post. If I did, I wouldn't be sitting here with my thumb up my ass. I'd be out rocking the free world, because I would be Dave Grohl. Or the Doors quote that starts this post. I'd be dead for thirty five years if I wrote that.


===
More Dude Abides-generated misunderstanding:

Antwaan Randle El- the picture in the comment cracked me up, by the way... but I got an email that asked "Do you really know the guy who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers?"

That cracked me up even more than the picture in the comment. If I may, without revealing the identity of the commenter otherwise known as Antwaan Randle El...no, that isn't him. The commenter is a bit smaller, just a shade or seven whiter, and is not a wide receiver/qb/punt returner/kick returner. He only returns kickoffs and punts, but not for the Steelers. Knows his way around a cash flow statement, too.
===

Anyway, I liberally sprinkle movie quotes, pictures, song lyrics throughout this blog. Sorry for the misunderstandings.

I will be back with more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home