Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I miss the comfort in being sad. In her false witness, I hope you're still with us to see if they float or drown.

I hate the first mile. I hate the last half mile.
I love the middle four and change.

I don't like disappointing people, yet I don't care what people think.

I feel like I have so much to do and see that I will never fit it all in, yet I feel like I have all the time in the world.

I am a social person, but I have avoided making any new friends since we moved.

I hate yoga while I am doing it. I love the way I feel afterward.

I prefer Lennon to McCartney, but I like Paul's songs better.

I hate being late. I love leaving early.

I love it when a song or a picture makes me remember a moment in time. I hate the ache that nostalgia brings.

I miss my friends. I love my solitude.

I have faith in mankind as a whole, but I think most people are idiots.

Donwshifting your life can be a strange and extremely rewarding experience. At first the engine revs like crazy, but then you settle in and wonder why you were in such a hurry.

===

This is Mad Dick:



He was my favorite Fisher-Price toy as a kid. I used to wear a fireman's hat backwards and stomp around and act pissed off, like Mad Dick.

My mom saved Mad Dick and gave him to me a few years back.

That's awesome.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be the first to say it here: I love Mad Dick! Um, your toy Dick, that is. Hmmm, that sounds awful...like you just made me say "under where." Seriously, he is cute. But what in the world is he standing on? Is he motorized? Bwahahaha... I am going to send you a jpg of my favorite old doll...you will laugh your butt off. I wish she had a cool name, but I can't remember it for the life of me.

7:59 AM  
Blogger shy_smiley said...

last time we visited Grandma in Iowa my four-year-old son found the family stash of old fisher price toys, and this one was amongst them. He played with this one the most. Called him "Mean Boy." For months afterward I could ask him, "Show me mean boy face." Oh, priceless! (fisher priceless, that is). Wish I had a picture.

Thanks for reminding me.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just peeking through that looking glass back into your world..so this is Montana. Loved the pics. Please post more pics of that awe inspiring scenery..quite a contrast to our searing deserts and steel & glass skyscrapers.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw..love the title to your blog..it's a phrase from that Jeff Bridges movie right?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I am glad you stopped by to check it o ut. We definitely live in different worlds...

The archives are full of pictures. I will dig out a few of the better links and post them for you.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home