Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's beginnning to look a lot like Christmas...

I know I have written a lot about the weather lately, but I spent most of the evening reading a thrilling treatise on asset allocation. While I enjoy that type of thing, it just isn't worthy of discussion here at the Dude Abides...

So I woke up, and what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a sleigh, and eight reindeer. Not really, but it does feel strangely like Christmas. Not in the dad-got-drunk-again-and-gave-me-a-pack-of-Camels-and-a-"bottlecap collection" sense, but in the little kid, holy-shit-it's-christmas-if-there-is-an-x-wing-fighter-under-the-tree-i-can-die-now-because-i-am-so-fucking-happy sense.

Out the front door of our hacienda:



There are a couple inches on the ground and more coming down furiously. I would guess it is a foot deep up at Big Sky. I now must clean drool off my keyboard. But it's happy drool.

When I let Barney and Puck out, they immediately shed their geriatric personae and frolicked like puppies. I think they could feel the Christmas thing, too.

Visions of sugarplums are dancing in my head...


===
And a shoutout to my mom:

I love you mom. Good luck today. Talk to you soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The snow makes me wish we'd never left. Wouldn't be a bad place to be snowed in for a week or so. Though we wouldn't have made it up to Palisade Falls for quite an amazing, memorable engagement if there was much more of that beautiful white stuff. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

12:41 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Come on back out anytime, Ashton.

You, me and Destiny have a date with those chutes off the tram.

Maybe I better consider purchasing a helmet.

Nah.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without raining, err I mean snowing on your parade.........snow still sucks.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home