Wednesday, December 28, 2005

No matter how hard you try
You can't stop us now
Since the prehistoric ages
And the days of ancient greece

Right down through the middle ages

Planet earth kept going through changes
And then the renaissance came, and times continued to change
Nothing stayed the same, but there were always renegades

Like Chief Sitting Bull, Tom Paine,
Dr. Martin Luther King, Malcom X.

They were renegades of their time and age.

Now renegades are the people
With their own philosophies
They change the course of history
Everyday people like you and me

We're the Renegades of Funk.

===

Powder Day!

Big Sky is experiencing the most snowfall of the last 33 years.

Maybe they knew I was coming, and ordered up some freshy freshy pow pow.

Sometimes I worry that I sound like a broken record on this blog, but fuckin' A... It was an incredible day today.

We arrived at 9 a.m., and took the gondola up.


The skies were ominous.


We promptly headed to the tram to the very top.

Screw warming up.




Then it started to snow.

We got busy carving up steep and deep powder for the next several hours. We rode some pretty technical terrain, but the snow made it more forgiving. (My pictures are pretty much white, through a haze of white...)

We worked the Lone Peak Tram and the Shedhorn lift area. The snow conditions were very similar to Utah. We have discovered a series of secret stashes that have fresh tracks reliably until 2 p.m. I will not divulge the location of said stashes here because I am a powder pig. If any of you dear readers ever decide to come visit and go skiing or boarding, I will gladly take you to these heavenly havens... But until that day comes, shhhhhh.

We tried to find a barbecue shack on Andesite Mountain that I enjoyed with UJ, the-soon-to-be-Mrs.-UJ-and-now-in-possession-of-her-very-own-nickname..."Lovey."

I thought I was losing my mind when I spent three runs looking for it, but I found out that it burned down one night at the end of last season.

Too bad. That place was awesome.

So we went to a funky little joint for a late lunch.

This is a custom-made bell shaped like a moose rack.






We hung there for about 45 minutes, then back up Challenger and Iron Horse until they kicked us off at 4 p.m. We finally rode down to the car at anout 4:30.

What a day.

Now, I have a belly full of pad thai (thanks, India!) and green tea, and I am kicking back, resting my very sore legs, while I watch the extended collector's edition of the Fellowship of the Ring (thanks, mom!).

India spent the day cross-country skiing at the Bohart Ranch, just past Bridger Bowl ski area. She said she had a great time. One of these days, I will have to put aside my board and join her.

For sheezy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

I am glad that you had fun. :-)

1:00 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

One day, I will have to learn how to ski. I will, of course, have to buy skis first. I went out of town the other day & saw a nice ski resort...maybe I will take the Greyhound & go once in a while next year.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home