Sunday, January 22, 2006

Beautiful girl, lovely dress
High school smiles, oh yes
Beautiful girl, lovely dress
Where she is now I can only guess

Walk the Line was sold out for the 8th straight week, according to the movie theater manager. "Better than Star Wars," she said.

Even though I am a huge Star Wars fan, I think this is cool because, in his own way, Johnny Cash was a Jedi.

(star wars sidebar: as I think I chronicled on this website, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I loved Episode 3. It was redemption for the tripe served up in Episodes 1 and 2. It was no Empire, but it was good.)

In any case, this situation resulted in India and I going to see the Gay Cowboy Movie.

It was a really well-done, touching (well, not that kind of touching, though I am sure there were some confused, uncomfortable, squirming real-life Montana cowboys in the audience), but ultimately very sad movie.

In the middle, India whispered to me that she had to pee.

"Go ahead. I'll fill you in."

"I don't want to miss any hot, man-on-man love."

All kidding aside- and trust me, I am having a hard time typing an entire sentence without cracking some kind of joke- it was a really well-done movie. It will probably win some awards.

There, I did it. Nary a joke about all the beans they were eating or the mental health of the sheep they were supposedly watching. Very little terrified bleating.

Must... stop...

===

Well, today will be Bells' last day on the slopes with me this season, as he heads out for points south later this week.

The sun is starting to rise behind the Bridgers and it looks like it will be a sunny day.

As my friend, Jimmy, says...

Later, Gators.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good review, although I have no reason to see the film. Not bad..not baaaaaaaaaaaaad at all

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO SEAHAWKS!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I think Star Wars...except 1 and 2...were infinitely better than Walk the Line but I really liked Walk the Line. I found it to be a perfect blending of comedy, music and dialogue. It did not drag & I never found myself not paying attention or getting critical of the presentation.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I hope that you still go to see Walk the Line. :-)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home