Monday, January 30, 2006

I could be there in ten minutes or so
I've got my things
We'll make it up as we go along
With you I could never be alone

We explored a new (to us) area today... Bear Canyon.

It is just south of town.

The canyon was narrow, steep and very beautiful. We liked it a lot, and we will definitely go back.

The lighting was shitty, but here are a few photos.









We hiked around for a couple hours on snowshoes. There was a trail, cut by cross country skiers, but there was plenty of deep powder to tromp through.

If you have never snowshoed, there is really nothing to it... just walking with poles.

It is a hell of a workout, though, especially when you are cutting your own trail.

When we were done with that, we took the dogs for a spin up a different arm of the canyon. They had a blast.

After all that hard work, we took a soak at the Bozeman Hot Springs with a couple of India's girlfriends.

Then we hung out and watched 40 Year Old Virgin. Pretty entertaining movie.

All in all, I managed to avoid coming down with a case of the Moondays.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious, what camera do you take all thes pictures with?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

A Canon Powershot A85 digital camera.

I don't know how to use 80% of the features on the camera. I leave it on "automatic" all the time, as the camera will probably make betetr decisions than me.

In truth, the landscape of southwest Montana is so beautiful that any idiot can point a camera and get great pictures... as I have shown.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home