Thursday, January 26, 2006

I was on the outside, when you said you needed me
I was looking at myself; I was blind; I could not see

Will Ferrell and John Stewart have severely impaired my ability to absorb the content of anything George Bush says on radio or television.

I have to view written versions in order to learn about our nation's policies and initiatives.

I just can't take any live media broadcasts seriously, as I find myself chuckling at his speech patterns, malapropisms, facial expressions and pronunciations.

Just this morning, I was trying to listen, only to find myself imitating his nervous laugh/snort like John Stewart.

===

I have spilled coffee on my pants three consecutive mornings.

The best part is, I got the same pair of pants on Day 1 and Day 3. I would have nailed them on Day 2, but they were in the wash.

===

I met a girl tonight who is studying/tracking the wolves in Yellowstone. This week, she was part of a team that rode around in a helicopter, shooting wolves with tranquilizer darts, and fitting them with radio collars.

That's badass.

Totally badass.

I am having a hard time thinking of a more badass way to spend your work week.

Well, taking depositions is pretty badass, too.

"Was that a 'yes'? You have to give a verbal answer for the transcript."

Take that, bitches.

She also told me that the wolves mate once a year... always around Valentine's Day.

So Hallmark got to them, too.

Unbelieveable.

===

I don't think I am going to bother with the Super Bowl this year.

I just don't give a flying fuck.

Can't muster up one for the big game.

Nope.

I just don't have many flying fucks to give.

===

Another storm is coming.

I have summoned the nerve.

My legs are ready.

I have a helmet.

The Big Couloir is going down.



50 degree pitch.

2000 vertical foot drop.

10 feet wide at the skinny part.

No bailout option.

No room for error.

Unforgiving.

It's time.

I am getting tired of seeing the Baddest run on the mountain and knowing I have not taken it down.

After all, I've taken depositions.

5 Comments:

Blogger outdoorspro said...

Good luck with the Culoir. Try to stop and snap a couple pics on the way down. It'll be cool to share a view that so few get to enjoy. That is, unless you're shaking too hard to keep a camera steady...

6:54 AM  
Blogger Jimmyboy said...

So when your talking to this girl did you ever get the overwhelming urge to call her "Trusty Sidekick Jim" and ask if she communicates well with her boss Marlon Perkins? I now have this calling to buy insurance with an indian logo.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever thing of expanding the thrill? Skiing of off those cliffs with a para-glide chute?

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minga, I would skiing that mountain with a pantload.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

Be careful.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home