Sunday, January 22, 2006

Me and the gambler, we couldn't agree. We got in a fight over Tennessee. Pulled our guns and he fell with a thud, and I rode away on a Tennessee Stud.

It was one of those days today.

The sun rose and said, "hello."



I picked up Bells at about 7:45, and we rolled up to Big Sky.



It was a sunny, gorgeous morning.



We proceeded directly to the top of the mountain.

There were still fresh tracks to be had, as you can see here.



We didn't have to wait long for the tram.



Someone in line quoted the Trainspotting "Choose Life" speech. I knew it was going to be a good day.



There was a crazy skier trying to pick his way down one of the chutes in this picture. Everyone in the tram was watching him realize, "Uh, maybe this was a mistake."



I made sure my chi was flowing and my chakras were aligned on the peak.



Then I busted out with a Vegas-era, Fat Elvis move.



The snow was incredible. Powder and sunshine... what's not to like?



I hope this winter never ends.



It was a good send-off for Bells; he had a perfect final day on the slopes. It started dumping in the afternoon and we ripped it up until they shut the place down.

On the way back we saw a huge bighorn sheep and two bald eagles.



We have a lot of fun riding together, and I will miss him pushing me to continually ride harder.

They are heading to Arizona tomorrow morning.

See you when you get back in April, bud.



===
===

Tonight, India and I went to see Walk the Line. I was already a huge Johnny Cash fan, and I loved the movie... but I would imagine that this movie will inspire people who had never listened to the Man In Black to check out his music.

India asked me to burn some JC tunes for her. She loved it, too, and thinks it will be a toss-up with the Gay Cowboy Movie for Best Picture.

It is definitely worthy of awards, however, I wonder if Ray winning those awards last year will hurt its chances, since the story arcs are so similar.

===
===

Correction:

Puck is turning 14 in March, not 13.

Keep on truckin', little buddy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Coach Ky said...

Joe -

Love the pictures, keep them up; but being a big geek that I really am, everytime I see the pictures of you at the top, I can only think of one thing.

"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?" That is from Lane Meyer's friend the first time they get to top of the mountain to try to ski the big mountain in Better Off Dead http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088794

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puck loks like she shares a lot of love. I bet she has enjoyed every minute with both of you, especially where you live now.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CINDERELLA MAN the best movie i have seen in decades.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the pic with two fresh tracks coming out of the rock chutes actually made me miss snow.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

I really love the picture of the lift in shadow on the snow. And sweet Puck, of course.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Puck. Where's his tie?

9:10 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

Puck is a really pretty dog. He looks like he is smart & friendly. I love dogs like that.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home