Thursday, February 09, 2006

It's hip to be square

I've decided to become a hipster.

Does anyone know where I can get some thick, black plastic glasses, a vintage Atari t-shirt, some clunky shoes and a circa-1983 adidas warm-up jacket?

I already have a blog, hang out in coffee shops, and in the 80's, I sported a non-ironic mullet. We also own modern, vaguely Japanese furniture.

I am working on the whole artsy-fartsy thing, except I fear I am a whole lot more "fartsy" than "artsy."

Unfortunately, I may have to give up outdoor sports and activities like snowboarding, hiking and running in order to cultivate that pasty-white, greasy hair look.

Worst of all, I am going to have to find out what "emo" music is and listen to it.

Does Weezer count?

3 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

Don't give up the hiking, please, I like having an excuse to link to your blog.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emo - short for "emotional." Emo is a broad title that covers a lot of different styles of emotionally-charged punk rock. This site is intended to introduce the reader to all the common styles, describe them musically, and give ideas about the essential records of all those styles. You will be an expert in emo, in the broad sense, after reading this website: http://www.fourfa.com/

Good luck but I'd stick to the board-riding and listen to surfer tunes.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have my Atari windbreaker. It's got a LaserBlast patch on it.. had to take a Poloriod of the television and send it in to get it.. you youngsters have no idea how it was back on the day. Telstar Pong, that's what we did for fun.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home