Monday, March 27, 2006

Hey, who's on trial?

On Saturday, some people, who are about my age, mistook me for a college student as we rode up the chairlift.

Oddly, this is the fifth time this has happened this year. All on chairlifts at Big Sky. I say "oddly," because I do not look younger than my years, unlike, say, my wife, who stopped aging sometime in 1994. In fact, I look exactly my age.

I am not sure if it is because I am:

(1) On a snowboard, which is assumed to be an inherently youthful activity;
(2) Snowboarding on a Tuesday, or Thursday, or whatever powder day, another inherently youthful, not-tied-down-to-a-schedule thing to do; or
(3) If simply being on the mountain, engaged in my absolute favorite activity fuels some type of youthful zeal that makes me seem younger.

Or maybe these people are all high.

I don't know, but it is weird, and it only happens on chairlifts.

===

Still feeling melancholy. Partly from Jimmy's departure, partly from the fact that ski season is nearly over, partly from who the hell knows...

===

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver for five minutes longer." Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home