Thursday, May 04, 2006

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
Engines pumping and thumping in time
The green light flashes, the flags go up

Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup

From: CARP
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:01 AM
To: The Dude
Subject: Pet allergies

J,

No worries with the pets. Stacy and I are allergy free.

Did I give you my flight information? Actually, I'm going to rent a car so maybe you could just send me the directions to your house. Any thoughts?

CARP
--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fom: The Dude
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:18 AM
To: CARP
Subject: RE: Pet allergies

Yes- I have your flight info…

I’ll meet you at the airport and lead you to my house.

Directions are a bit complex, especially in the dark. (They aren’t that complex, really, but it is just easier… I am only 10 minutes away.)

Just call my cell right when you land, go get your bags and rental car...

I will be rolling up right when you are deciding whether to fill up the tank on your own or pay $ 5/gallon to have Avis do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: CARP
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:28 AM
To: The Dude
Subject: RE: Pet allergies

Great!

Try not to crash your car or get a speeding ticket on your way to the airport! Yes, I am going to get the extra insurance--you maniac!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: The Dude
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:29 AM
To: CARP
Subject: RE: Pet allergies


You know, the funny part is that I still think I am a good driver.

The accidents were utter flukes.

The speeding tickets, on the other hand… those were all me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: CARP
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006, 10:43 AM
To: The Dude
Subject: RE: Pet allergies

Joe,

Trust me when I say that you are not a good driver.

I have been in a car with you and feared for my life.

Being able to operate the steering wheel, gas pedal and brakes does not make you a good driver.

You need to pay attention to the road, other cars, people, the speed limit, small children, old ladies crossing the street....

It's pretty hard to do all those things while rocking out to Zeppelin, with the music so loud you can see the sound waves from the speakers.

Not that I object, but let's be honest.

When faced with the decision to scream " Good times, bad times, I know I've had may share..." or stop for the old lady crossing the road...

Old lady 0, Zeppelin 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: CARP
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:22 AM
To: The Dude
Subject: RE: Pet allergies

How many vehicles have you trashed in Montana? The Blazer? The Subaru?

By the way, I plan on purchasing as much insurance on the rental car as possible. So, you bring the Zeppelin and we'll head off to Wal-mart and speed around the parking lot -- I hear it's senior citizens day on Thursday!


---------------------------
-------------------------
From: The Dude
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:28 AM
To: CARP
Subject: RE: Pet Allergies

I have the Zeppelin Box Set.

They're gonna be pissing their Depends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home