Thursday, August 03, 2006

I should heed my doctor's warning
He does the best with me he can

My dad flew in yesterday.

We talked for a while, then I took him over to the Oak Street Natural Foods market for lunch.

(If you live in Bozeman, and have not eaten there... it is the best deli in town. Try the turkey meatloaf or the tuna melt. Also try the soup, whatever it is. It is always good.)

Anyway, we're sitting there, enjoying out turkey meatloaf and tuna melt sandwiches, and in walks Michael Keaton.

I think he is stalking me.

We drove down to Big Sky and hung out for the rest of the afternoon, then came up to Bozeman for "the Bite of Bozeman," basically a big street party. They close off four or five blocks of Main Street, and there are food vendors, bands, imbibing, and plenty of teenagers walking around, frantically calling and texting each other on cell phones asking, "where are you? I'm at Plonk."

On a separate, more serious note, say a prayer for Adam.

Adam is my friend Nort's son, from the Dam.

Adam was born a few weeks ago with a very serious heart defect.

He has been in the hospital, fighting like crazy through several surgeries and attempts to keep him alive.

The latest surgery was unsuccessful, and he is now on the list for a heart transplant.

So send some good thoughts over to Adam in Madison, Wisconsin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanaya said...

I'll be thinking of Adam.


My personal fave from Oak Street is the sweet potato quesadilla...my efforts at replicating it at home have been less than stellar, though.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best to Adam. I don't pray much, but I'll pull out my grandma's roseries for his sake.
iron mike

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home