Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Is it over now?
Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?

I live alone now.

Well, not entirely alone.

I do have a very helpful little calico cat, and an old yellowdog who views me as the sun, the moon and the stars in his world.

So, there is that.

I've hinted at it for the last few months, but I didn't really want to write about it.

In fact, I still really don't.

I know you are curious, but there was no drama, no cheating, not even any fighting.

It's sad. I'm sad.

That pretty much sums it up.

It was a key time to have T-Rex and Bells around to keep me company.

(I have some more pictures from Sunday, but until Photobucket ceases and desists its near-fraudulent picture-sizing practices, thereby causing me severe and potentially permanent emotional distress, I will not post them. In fact, I will pursue every remedy available, both at law and in equity.)

(Fuckin' A, I am glad I don't do that for a living any more.)

In other news, I sprained my thumb last Wednesday.

Thumbs are useful.

So is electricity, but you really don't stop to notice it until it is gone.

Kind of like my left thumb.

For a week, every button has been a chore, every item retrieved from my left front pocket has been agony, and this fucking space bar is killing me.

See you around the campfire.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanaya said...

I'm sorry, Joe. Maybe things will still work out, you just never know. In the meantime, I'm glad you have great friends and family.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Thanks...

It has been a tough summer.

I am lucky to have a wonderful support system of family and friends.

I will continue to keep The Dude Abides on the lighter side, and stick to adventures and such, rather than this type of subject matter.

I just wanted to throw it out there, because it has certainly affected me and maybe it will give things some context. I am not really the mysterious type anyway...

12:37 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Aw Dude.

Sorry to hear that.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

As you know, I am very sorry about the split. I hope things get better for you soon. I wish both of you the best.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

"So is electricity, but you really don't stop to notice it until it is gone."


I read you often and have even read through your archives, because I had thought, and then...yeah no more was said...

I am sorry about this, and yes it does make the day long I am sure.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Keaton needs a wingman?

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home