Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sit and drink pennyroyal tea

After all of my recent long-winded ramblings, it's time here for some quick-hitters:

Bells called. He is in for the whitewater kayaking. I briefly considered picking up a lifejacket, since I don't have one.

But then I remembered life jackets are for pussies, just like helmets, seat belts, stop signs and sunscreen.

So I will definitely be kayaking.

The poll results, however, are leaning in favor of suicide by mountain bike.

If mountain biking is still winning by Friday afternoon, why, I'll just have to do both.

--
--

If you have a blog of your own, and you have linked me, please let me know and I will put up a link here.

I have no way of knowing if you have done this.

It's common courtesy- I'll give you a reach-around.

--
--

Days are just flying by lately.

I haven't been sleeping.

It was another restless 5 hour night, bringing my sleep total to 21 hours in four days.

Yesterday at the gym, I was on the elliptical trainer for about an hour, and I spent long stretches running with my eyes closed, because I was so tired.

This wouldn't work too well on a treadmill, but those elliptical trainiers have footpads and handles. You'd have to be retarded or high on glue to fall off one.

My longest "nap" was 7 minutes.

That's a long time to run with your eyes closed.

And my heart rate stayed at 150, right where I like it.

Now that's multitasking.

It's not quite George Costanza eating a pastrami sandwich while having sex, but it is in the same ball park.

---
---

My sprained thumb is still giving me fits.

Not only does it hurt like hell to play guitar and retrieve things from my left front pocket, but it has also cut into my hitch-hiking schedule.

Also, if I want to sit around with my thumb up my ass, I have to go righty.

And then I am left with my thumbless left hand to eat chips and work the remote.

It's tough to work a remote with no thumb.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

right now im listening to a variety pack of the master of eclectic styles and lyrics...Mr. Tom Waites...Rain Dogs for now but the library is pathetic compared to his prodigious output of collaborated genius.
Let me know if you want me to send you some. I do believe if you don't already get into Wiates you would quite quickly. Quite so...Quite so...as they say in Jhn Wayne's "Blood Alley"
at any rate i m very happy you returned my brother with out fatal incident
i realy enjoy your blog Joe
it brings me closer to you
what you said about recognizing a friend as a friend no matter when the friendship was made was piognant to me
dont really know if it applys to me
i don know whom considered me a friend or a liability at any point during the formative years
i have only my current life experiences to prove my worth
you have always ben kind
i thank you
hope through this heart rending and often amusing forum we can know each other better
i think you're quite on to something here
bady armo and common sense...nothing else needed
go kayaking

8:08 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

favorite Castanzas dropped into my head...the food sex, the maid rubbing oil on his bald head, and the bed desk....

a reach around? Geesh?

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been sleeping either. But I'll take that reach-around if you're still offering...

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home