Saturday, September 23, 2006

She once believed
In every story he had to tell
One day, she stiffened
Told the other side

You guys are going to like this...

This is a poem I wrote in 2nd Grade.

India found it and had it framed for me.

It is really funny.

It is a picture-of-a-picture, since I am too lazy to take it out of the frame to scan it, so you're just gonna have to deal...



Here is the text, verbatim:

(First, please note the completed Tic-Tac-Toe game in the upper margin. Classic.)

The Giraffe

I rather think Gir-

affes are nice standing

on frezzing ice with

thier long necks.

By

Joey




And check out the accompanying picture.

A goddamn ice-skating giraffe.



He's all smooth, crossing his front leg over the other, like the cool dudes I would see at the Roller Rink on the weekend.



I wish I was that smooth.

If I had it to do over, I'd only change one thing.

I'd leave the spelling as is, because it shows how street I am.

I would, however, add a scarf to the Giraffe's neck.

But, hell, it's pretty damn good as it is.

And, for icing on the cake, here is Joey:



--
--

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you on the verge of a nervous breakdown?

9:46 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

The poem rocks, dude. Laughing my ass off. Frezzing ice... Does 2nd grade Joey's picture hang in the bathroom? Is it because he was a little shit?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

dude, came over to have my coffee and listen to you sing....

Another one in the Dude's secret vault?

Damn...

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving it. Very cool. I also noted the interesting composition of the young Joey's photo. If you look, I think you can see the Dude's head on the little Dude's head... and the symbolisim of the toilet paper stand... simply amazing! Joseph is a true artiste. Bravo! Bravo! 5 stars out of 5. The poem gets a 10.

I was asked recently why everything I take a picture of is in my bathroom. It's the lighting. My stupid cell phone takes crap pictures anywhere else. I'm trying to think of ways to tape the cat to the bathroom mirror and still have her look cute.

12:50 PM  
Blogger S. said...

jesus, i sort of wish that i had kept the little kid shit of mine and not set it on fire wheni went insane, which for the record is what insane people do. like the time i ripped a wall out of my parents house because i washaving a nervous breakdown and it seemed like the right thing to do.

they all seem like the right thing to do.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Eve Grey said...

I see you won the game of tic tac toe against yourself. good job joey. Very cute!

4:36 PM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Skirt Fever
Poonanigans
Twist Off
Lovers & Shakers
Booty Bangers
Bastard Bones

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home