Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hello, I've waited here for you
Everlong
Tonight, I throw myself into
And out of the red
Out of her head, she sang



Come down and waste away with me.

Down with me.

Slow how

You wanted it to be.

I'm over my head

Out of her head, she sang




The Mitten redefined Awesome tonight.

Holy Mother of Moses, can Stanette sing.



She can bring it like I ain't ever seen it brung.

Sing it like it ain't been sung.

Can't remember when I had that much fun.

Do you know what it was?

It was fierce.



And then it got fiercer.



And just when you thought the ferocity was as ferocious as it could be...

It got even fiercer.

Maybe even the fiercest.



Do you know what I need?

A huge-ass gong on a stand with a monstrous mallet.

I would put it in the middle of my living room, and if you started to piss me off, I would get up and just whale on that thing.

((((((((((((((GONG))))))))))))))))

And I would shave my head and wear saffron robes.

Because that's just how I roll.



Our replica of Stonehenge was in danger of being trod upon by dwarves.

Speaking of which, I think I need to recruit a dwarf to hang with my posse.

Because, again, that's how I roll.



We didn't think to take much of video, but we did take a little bit.



That is only a taste, and, honestly, does not do her voice justice.

I am telling you...

We ran through Crazy, Melissa, Jane Says, Rockin in the Free World, Steal My Kisses (which was off the freakin' hook), Honky Tonk Women, Dead Flowers, and a bunch more.

It was fun fun fun until daddy took my T-Bird away.

Get this:

My sister emailed me.

When I am going to be in LA next month, Tenacious D is playing a gig.

Do you think non-stop rocking is possibe?

I will run through a brick wall to see that show.

And I wonder

When I sing along with you

If anything could ever feel this real forever

If anything could ever be this good again.

The only thing I ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when I say when.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

Stanette's voice is amazing, and you were fab on the accompaniment! And you can really rock a feather boa, Dude.

I like the name Stanette. I'm partial to "ette" names (right, jimmyd?). Although I once read that "ette" meant diminuitive, which in my case is no doubt very confusing.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stanette kicks ass. Great voice. Your playing wasn't too shabby. Joe was rockin. Nice. All those views and no ratings? Well now you got one. *click*

Somebody said it in another place, with different words... the reason you don't get replys sometimes is that the post stands up on it's own, why pollute it.

Be well Joe

9:41 PM  
Blogger hotlipz said...

Stanette Schmanette.

I'm worried about your posture.

Also, you know my e-mail, homie. Show me some love.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home