Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I... I'm a new day rising
I'm a brand-new sky to hang the stars upon tonight

I love the Foo Fighters.

This is "Times Like These."

Listen and enjoy whilst ye peruse.



The Mitten does a halfway-decent version of it.

It's a pretty song.

Dave Grohl.

Respect.

--
--

It's good to let people know you care.

--
--

We here at The Dude Abides reserve full editorial discretion over the material contained herein. Company policy.

And why do we delete things?

Because the best part about building a sand castle is knocking it down.

And the best part about carving a pumpkin is smashing it after Halloween.

And the best part about smashing your head against a wall is stopping.

That's why.

Everything has a shelf life.

Part of me wants to blow this thing up.

Just pack up and leave.

But I won't.

Because I still like most of what I do here, and I know you do, too.

But mostly because I am a dirty pirate hooker.

I just told too many people.

That was dumb.

I have a compulsion when it comes to writing.

I have been doing this, in one form or another, for a long time.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

I just need another place to write certain thoughts, happenings and what-have-yous.

(Plus I really miss typing "fuck" every third word.)

And here at the Dude Abides, I can focus on my fictional rock band, the weather and pretty pictures of nature.

And listen to my Creedence tapes.

Enjoy your Thursday.

From now on, I think I am going to refuse to celebrate Wednesdays.

Screw it.

Wednesday?

Dead to me.

I am Jack's medulla oblongata.

I am Jack's raging bile duct.

Even the Mona Lisa's falling apart.

Fuck it, I'm out.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one question: when will the Shit Mittens do a cover of Zappa's "Montana"?

That would be the acid test.

You know, move to Montana, become a dental floss tycoon. With a pair of heavy-duty zircon-encrusted tweezers in your hand, every other wrangler would say you were mighty grand.

BTW, dude, did you know you have a doppleganger? Yup. There is another The Dude Abides blog at falsani.blogspot.com.

I say you call him out.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Eve Grey said...

Thanks for the song.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I hesitate to suggest this to someone with your potential for obsessive behavior - and beyond that, I like you and I don't particularly wish the disease on you - but have you considered........

....writing a novel?????

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Montana" ditty would sound great with the flip side being, "Dinah Moe Hum".

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's SMELLY pirate hooker, and it would have made a damned fine name for the band, right behind Furry Tractor, Great Odin's Raven, and Sweet Lincoln's Mullet.

9:36 AM  
Blogger S. said...

i am jill's nipple.

without a disaster you cannot be ressurected.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, where you at?

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sassy: I've been wondering too, but didn't want to be the first to ask.

Joe, please check in with your loyal readers. You didn't say you were going anywhere, you could be lying in a ravine somewhere. We need to know if search parties need to be sent.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home