Friday, October 13, 2006

On Wisconsin, on Wisconsin
Grand old Badger State
We, thy loyal sons and daughters hail thee good and great (U-RAH RAH!)

Just ran across this article on ESPN.com:

Hazing, Booze, Sex led to Wisconsin band probation

The only way you could improve on that headline would be to add "with James Brown" after "Sex."

How could you resist clicking that link?

Random quotes from the article:

The school said the band's behavior was so notorious that the athletic department sets aside money so that cheerleaders and the dance squad can travel in separate buses to avoid harassment.

[The] incident was reported by a faculty member who believed "the individual would have preferred to keep his hair.

We had dancing and disrobing taking place that made some people feel not only uncomfortable but unsafe.

Ahhhh, 'Sconi. Gotta love it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanaya said...

Wow. A whole new breed of band geeks.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Coach Ky said...

I am going this weekend. I can only hope that I can pre game tailgate with the BAND. Those guys rock. This one time at band camp.....

1:08 PM  
Blogger Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

You may scoff . . . you may criticize . . . you may make fun of these band camp graduates but it only takes a trip to a Badger Bowl game to figure out - this band has the ability to put the other bands in the country to shame. I saw them do it at Purdue, I saw them do it to UCLA. Something must have been working.

6:52 PM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

I almost thought I might be into that Ray LaMontagne dude until I realized he's nearly got the exact same voice as the singer in Gomez. That I can't deal with.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home