Wednesday, October 11, 2006

You know we're never gonna survive
Unless
We get a little crazy

You wanna know what is crazy delicious?

I just got jiggy wit it.

I took a garlic clove and I sliced it paper-thin, like Paulie when he was cooking for the guys in jail in Goodfellas.

I chopped up an onion and a green pepper.

I sliced up one spicy italian sausage.

I sauteed the garlic, onion, pepper and sausage in a little olive oil.

Meanwhile, I was boiling some water and cooking some whole-wheat penne pasta, with a pinch of salt. I'm Sicilian. That's how we do.

In a separate saucepan, I was simmering some Classico Tomato and Basil sauce. I added some oregano and crushed red pepper.

Once the sausage, onion, garlic and peppers was done, I drained it and added it to the sauce. I let them hang out together for a while.

Once the pasta was done, I drained it, put it in a huge pasta bowl and added the sauce concoction.

I'm telling you, it was crazy delicious.

(I made it through another post without swearing. I promised my mom I would try to swear less.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

That sounds fucking awesome!

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can say I dislike you for that post. I'm salivating, drooling like Marmaduke and I possibly just spontaneously ovulated even though it's not possible.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make your own sauce you lazy bastid.

Get a can of crushed plum tomatoes. In a pot heat some olive oil, saute garlic and onions until tender (hint: add garlic and onions to taste. For me that means LOTS). Add the tomatoes and stir frequently until it bubbling. Turn the heat down and simmer for an hour or two, stirring to keep the bottom from burning. (hint: stir from bottom up and use a wooden spoon only). Let sit over night then use.

Add what ever else you want when using, however sauce is better simple.

Considering your new social status, this will impress the masses.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

excellent bach skills...

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cooking with olive oil is da sh!tz.

Pro-set.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the most part, my employment while getting my various degrees was working in both Southern Italian, and Sicilian restaurants.

I have never seen or enjoyed, so much, the various varieties of food items.

I worked in one place, in Phoenix, visited by the brugad many times, that the food had to be of excellent quality, better than common fare.

From the Veal Osso Bucco, to the zabaglione, made with fresh eggs and Marsala and topped with a crisp biscotti, dining was an experience that even good sex could not top.

Bon Appétit, Joe

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home