Thursday, November 16, 2006

Made up my mind
Gonna make a new start
Goin' to California with an achin'
In my heart

So here I am in Cal-i-forn-eye-ay.

Chillin' with my sister.

Gettin' my proper swerve on.



The beach is right down the street.



Well she was an american girl



Raised on promises



She couldnt help thinkin that there



Was a little more to life



Somewhere else



After all it was a great big world



With lots of places to run to



Yeah, and if she had to die


(
Back, by popular demand.)

Tryin she had one little promise



She was gonna keep



Oh yeah, all right



Take it easy baby



Make it last all night



She was an american girl



It was kind of cold that night



She stood alone on her balcony


(Jesus, I love Pearl Jam. If you haven't seen them live, you should. I took this^^ video June 30th at Summerfest, in Milwaukee. They played with Tom Petty, and it was good.)

She heard the cars roll by



Out on 441



Like waves crashin over the beach



And for one desperate moment there



He crept back in her memory



God it's so painful



Something that's so close



And still so far out of reach



Oh yeah, all right



Take it easy baby



Make it last all night



She was an american girl




I haven't been to L.A. in quite some time.

It feels good to be back.

What, with the palm trees and whatnot.

Everybody loves palm trees.

And beaches.

Who doesn't like palm trees and beaches?

Nobody, that's who.

Nobody.

Palm trees + beaches = Corona Coomercial/the guitar line to LA Woman x (Lost My Wallet in El Segundo - Free Fallin Out Into Nothing + Fish Tacos/Carne Asada)² = We can live beside the ocean + Leave the fire behind + Swim out past the breakers +
Watch the world die

^^Los Angeles, in a nutshell.


And I leave you with a recording of The Mitten, The Early Years:



I hope you have a pleasant Thursday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Tanaya said...

Didja know that Pearl Jam played one of their first concerts in Bozeman...right after they changed their name from "Mookie Blaylock"? They rushed the stage at the Cat's Paw after the show and played some more.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palm trees and beach, what more could a person want? Except maybe mountains and snow...

I've had American Girl heavy in the Ipod rotation this week for my time at the gym.

Have a great time, Joe.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home