Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one
Happiness, no more sad, happiness... I'm glad,

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you
Mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.


Led Zeppelin, "Thank You."

I am thankful for:

-My family. My parents did an amazing job.



-My friends, Bells, Alicia, Tony, Alison, Dan, Dawn, Will, Twink, Antwaan, UJ, Amy, Z Dawg, Blain, Carp, Chuck, Romano, Doug, Whit, Ashton, Demi, Eck, Jimmyboy, Jimmy D, TLN, Quagmire, Husker, the Wave and about a hundred more... this list is only the people I have heard from in the last couple weeks.







-Getting to live where people take vacations.



-Doodlebug, Puck, Barney and Buddy.



-The 15 years spent with India. I am better for it. I love you.



-Lucy, Katie, Joey, Aden, JM, Birdy, Vaughn, Kenna & Connor.



-My friends in California, who showed me a great time while I was there.



-The opportunity to play music.







-The fact that Big Sky is right down the road. (Even if mother nature decided to give us 60 degree days, resulting in the announcement yesterday that they are postponing opening day for another week.)



-The as-yet-to-materialize series of winter storms that will drop another 500 inches on Big Sky this season.



-My health.



-My charmed life.



-HBO, for the Sopranos, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, The Wire and Rome.



-The Dam, for being so good to me.



-The Gallatin River.



-Grizzly Bears.



-Yellowstone.



-The Native West Slope Cutthroat Trout.



-Wolves.



-Southwestern Montana.



-This coming winter.





-Montana sunsets.



-KG, of Tenacious D, for being nice enough to take a picture.



-Pearl Jam, for still knocking it out.



-That Freedom of Expression Is A Fundamental and Inalienable Right in this Country. Without which, The Dude Abides could not exist.

I am thankful not only to be writing this blog and enjoying it so much, but even more so for the fact that people actually read this.




---
---

And that is just some of what I am thankful for. The last 17 months have been to most incredible, moving experience in my life.

As I mentioned, I have led a charmed life.

Luckiest guy I know.

I am thankful for it.

Thanks for reading.

Love you guys, and Happy Thanksgiving.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

I am thankful for friends like you, and for being able to read your words and see your beautiful pictures daily. Rock on, Joe.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Eve Grey said...

that was really great.
i was fascinated by the picture of the fish for some reason...
really nice photos.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for the writing - it's a great break from work!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you through Veronica.

What an amazing and beautiful Thanksgiving post. Thank you so much for sharing the images of your "charmed life" . . . it is, indeed, charmed. And breathtaking. And lovely to behold.

Rock on.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home