Thursday, December 21, 2006

I've been sitting, waiting, wishing

that I was at Winter Park, Colorado today.

Instead, I am "enjoying" another frigid, sunshiney day here in SW Montana.

I was spoiled by last year's epic, record snowfall here, and I know we will get ours in due time. That still does not stop me from cursing the high pressure system that has been parked over Gallatin County, diverting all those Seattle storms to the North and South of here.

Nonetheless, bitching about the lack of snow was not the reason for this post.

The reason was the chunk of swiss cheese I refer to as "my brain."

See, I thought Quagmire was flying in yesterday at 11 p.m. Turns out, it is today, at 11 p.m.

He and I were speaking on the phone about his final exams, his trip, the snowcat adventure, and little details, like "what are you wearing... oh,that's hot." As we were winding up, I said alright, dude, I'll see you at 11!

Thankfully, he was alert, and said, "Uh, dude, I am coming in on Thursday."

Had he not caught on, I would have been sitting outside the airport until well into the night last night.

So, yeah... me = idiot.

Get your goose on, people.

Peace and bacon grease.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in the immortal words of fergie ferg: "grey goose got the girl feelin' loose"

9:04 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

I am hoping you will give Quagmire a full dose of the Dude-ery so he has both the will and the way to update his own blog. The guy has been seriously neglectful of his blogging responsibilities lately, yo. Med school, schmed school...

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home