Friday, January 05, 2007

Where's that confounded bridge?

I lost my t.v. remote a few days ago.

I tore apart my house looking for it, checking the couch cushions 40 times, looking in the drawers of the coffee table, the refrigerator (why not?)... everywhere.

Well, there was one place I did not check.

The washing machine.

Yup.

I washed the blanket the dog lays on a few days ago, and the remote got a nice warm/cold wash.

It still works, too.

==

In other developments, I think the knuckles on my left hand are developing arthritis from playing too much guitar. Plus, the pinkie of that hand was severely dislocated during a volleyball game a few years ago. (That was disgusting. It was bent 90 degrees to the side. Just disgusting. I almost passed out when my friend, Dr. Dan, popped it back into place. Good times.)

I'm gonna have to live with it, though.

I just gotta rock.

==

Why the F is the college football title game not being played until January 8th?

I cared about it, briefly, for a period between January 1 and January 3.

Now I am half past give a shit with it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

I can't believe the remote still works after going through the wash.

Try popping a couple of omega-3 fish oil capsules daily for the arthritic feeling fingers. N@ture M@de makes a good one. Rock on.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I too cannot believe that the remote survived the wash..

Love the look that you have going here - I lived in Bozeman (and around the state) and I was married in Soldier's Chapel. I still miss those mountains like home. ArmyWifeToddlerMom sent me your link. Looking forward to checking in now and again... Can't believe there's no snow... Boo.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I can't find the remote, I offer $1 to who finds it first.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ming, I have no time for college athletics; not with:

a/your J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!
b/the rest of the NFL.
c/your New York Knickerbockers
d/boxing
e/Pride Fighting Championships(some mighty fine Asian ladies in the audience. And they are in the good seats; except when they are spewed with blood, saliva, and sweat.)
f/ and me new favorite: The UFC mixed-marital arts battles fought in "The Octagon"!

I guess it has to do with watching men play aGAINst boys. The men invariably go on to the pros.

It may also have to do with the fact that I never committed to a big college such as USC, "The" Florida State University, Penn State, Nebraska, Sanford, Notre Dame, UConn, St. Johns, Rutgers, Georgetown, etc.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home