Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I've got another confession to make

I thought Prince was pretty damn good at halftime... and I don't even really like Prince. Of course, covering a "Best of You" (Foo) and "All Along the Watchtower" (Dylan) was an inspired choice. I zoned during "Purple Rain," because like I said, I really don't like Prince. But hey, enough of the backhanded compliment.

I have refrained from contacting any of my friends from the land of Illini (Dawg and UJ), opting instead to let them lick their wounds and heal from the trainwreck that is the Rex Grossman experience.

I've got a million calls to make today, and a bunch of "administrative details" to, um, administer. This brings me to my point: I need an intern, or maybe a butler. Think along the lines of "Darrin," who interned for Kramerica Industries and help Kramer mend chicken wire and build the prototype for the oil tanker bladder.

Pay will be negotiable, and duties will include writing things down when I tell you to "write that down," picking up and returning movies, light chauffering duties, occasional dog-walking, carrying an umbrella, tuning guitars, tuning snowboards, and, yes, mending chicken wire. (We here at The Dude Abides are using the chicken wire to create a series of elaborate mascot-style heads for use at Carnivale in Brazil, or maybe Mardi Gras, or maybe we are starting a mascot academy.)

We are in a period of growth here at The Dude Abides, and we want to return value to our shareholder. Despite maintaining a readership too modest for ad revenue, we are looking to expand into other areas of business development. Like mascot-style heads.

Please apply within.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

I agree on the halftime show. Prince (which I can't even type without thinking of the Steve Martin SNL skit wherein he pronounces it "Pree-ons")...anyway, Pree-ons is a fantastic entertainer and a master of the guitar. Didn't care so much for the Aunt Jemima do-rag, but understand he's gotta do what he's gotta do to protect his do from the purple rain.

4:44 PM  
Blogger b-lain said...

pick me, pick me, pick me....

just kidding.

way too much responsibility for this cracker.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who thought there was some "falic" symbolism when Prince lifted the sheet-like curtain showing only his shadow and the guitar neck which appeared to me to be springing from his crotch?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Paulette said...

You are not alone. Granted, the guy has always worn heels, but until the shadow through the sheet thing, I hadn't really wondered about any other possible *cough* shortcomings.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Joe - Not Sure I want the job but where can I buy the stock to become a shareholder?

Prince was entertaining but why do the Superbowl people take away backup singers from the halftime show? They did same things w/ Stones last year and the result is a song that sounds like a guy in the shower trying to sing all the parts.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone and their brother is blaming Grossman, but WTF about the Bears "D" that gave up almost 200 yds rushing?

3:10 AM  
Blogger DJ MotorCityMonk said...

Great half-time show. I haven't been a fan since the early Prince days but the dude can command a stadium full of sports fans and that's more than Paul McCartney and the Stones were able to do.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prince rules. Isn't he like 50 years old too? Dude is so talented. I hear if you ever get the chance to see him perform live its incredible and not to be missed.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more Bronco Billy!
And Joe, kudos on taking the high road....you KNOW you wanted to rub our faces in that Super-Disaster.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Intern?

After dealing with a sick toddler all week, it would be a breeze. Are gloves and wire snips included as part of the job?

Halftime show?

Not bad. I still haven't seen Purple Rain.

The Superbowl?

I'm just there for the food.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home