Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I wonder how you're feeling
There's ringing in my ears
And no one to relate to
Except the sea

For no apparent reason, I learned to play Show Me The Way on guitar tonight.

(I need one of those mouth-guitar Peter Frampton things. Not just for the guitar, but one that I could walk around with all day.)

I also learned Jack Johnson's, Upside Down, but that was for a reason. It's on the Curious George Soundtrack, which is Aden's absolute favorite album and I told him I would learn it. The album happens to be pretty good, but in the land of children's music, it's probably the best thing since Free to Be.

But that is only an assumption for me, since I have no children. So what do I know, really?



We also watched some Sopranos reruns.

There was also a pork roast, slow cooked in the crock pot all day, so tender that it actually melted on your fork.

Before that, we walked Puck.

There was the gym and some running.

Before that there was the rest of Wednesday.

The new Nine Inch Nails album is good.

:^&

We were away for two weeks. That's a long time, innit? It feels like it.

:^&

I might buy a bass. Not an electric one, but big acoustic guitar-style. Just because. (see, e.g., "I have no children," id.)

:^&



^^I can't get enough of that song, in any form. It is in the Mitten repertoire now as well, except acoustic amd mellow and kind of ... torchy.

Thanks for the tons of nice comments and emails that you have been sending. They inevitably brighten my day, and it makes doing this a little more fun.

Grind it out. The week is almost over.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

I think I like PJ's version of that song better than the original.

The first time I heard Frampton Comes Alive was in the HS gym locker room during my awkward teens. The album (it may even have been an 8-track, I’m that old) had been brought in by one of the less-than-stellar students, and she and her friends would hang out there between classes, perhaps in lieu of going to class. These chicks might have been flunking algebra and history but they could fly on the uneven parallel bars like nobody’s business and they knew Frampton rocked. “Do You Feel Like I Do?” One could only nod, hell yeah. We all did.

7:24 AM  
Blogger b-lain said...

grind it out is right dude.

I'll be coming through tomorrow afternoon sometime and will swing in from my covert under cover operation to pick up the rest of my enemy detection surveillance equipment.

keep up the posting.

gives me five minutes of nothing every day.

and after all, it's all about me and my dream of nothing....

7:55 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Love the Curious George soundtrack. Kids love it too...

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home