Wednesday, August 08, 2007

And I listen
For the voice inside my head
Nothing
I'll do this one myself

It has been a long week. Last Wednesday, we flew to Wisconsin for a day.

We hung out briefly in Madison and the Dam.


Madison:









The Dam:







Then on Friday, we drove to Chicago for Lollapalooza. We met with Finndawg and Liz, and then headed down to the House of Blues Hotel, which happens to be right next to the buildings on the cover of the Wilco album, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. In fact, they were right outside our hotel room window.




I hadn't been to Chicago in several years. I had forgotten the downtown was so beautiful.










I did, however, have my moments of mildly freaking out over All. Those. People. Yes, I spent four years in Boston and four years in L.A., but that tenure ended in 1995. Since then, I have lived in small towns.

I am a country mouse now.

I have to break this post up. It's too big.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

I've always been a country mouse.

I'll always be a country mouse.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Looks like you had a beer at the Great Dane. Let me guess, IPA?

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home