Sunday, April 13, 2008

Poor old granddad, I laughed at all his words

Scenes from yesterday & today...



Wookie.



This weekend was one for the scrapbook. If I had a scrapbook. And kept scraps.



Josh, we finally had corn snow. It was some sweet, slushy, sunny cream cheese snow.



When I write, I like to play one song on repeat, over and over. I am not sure why. A theme, maybe. I also like to go back and excise unnecessary words. As a rule, adverbs are superfluous.



It was the usual year-end madness at Big Sky.



We had such fun. In fact, I can't believe how much fun I have on a day-to-day basis.



And why not? It beats practicing law.



Often, I was paid - a lot - to be an asshole.



I was good at it.



I look back and shake my head.

I work as a professional now, but it is different. I don't have to be a dick on a daily basis.



Sometimes, though, to keep my skills sharp, I act like a complete dick for no reason.



I don't feel any real need to provide captions or explanations for the photos any more.



You don't care, do you?



I used to hate Steely Dan. Now I love Steely Dan. What happened? Age? Receding hairline? Middle age?



Guadaljara won't do.



I am nervous about my niece's heart surgery this Friday. I really shouldn't write about it, because my sister and my parents read this... but it helps. I am driving to Portland for it. Lucy is a special kid. She is really sweet. She has a good heart. God bless her.



No static at all.



Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Will be thinking of Lucy this Friday.

My son pointed to the first picture and wondered if he's related to Chewbacca...

9:15 AM  
Blogger hotlipz said...

Welcome back, old man.

Is that Wookie Screech?

I'll be thinking about Lucy.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Paulette said...

Hope all goes well with Lucy's surgery on Friday. She'll be in our thoughts.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Eve Grey said...

Me too.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Heidi on Vashon said...

I love that song. FM. Steely Dan has worked its way to my cd collection, and I used to be such a punk girl.

She's so young for such a serious condition. I think of my own kids.

10:29 AM  
Blogger tui said...

Dude,
I really like your writing style. A lot. It's refreshing.
V nice blog.
t

7:03 PM  
Blogger BUZZ said...

Dude, my thoughts will be with you and yours tomorrow!

Steely Dan has long been a favorite of mine since high school days. The two favorites being Pretzel Logic and Kid Charlemagne. Check them out some time.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home