Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You took my money, my cigarettes

The following is taken verbatim from a letter to the editor in yesterday's Bozeman Daily Chronicle:

Shame On The Person Who Stole My Basket

This letter is directed toward the dishonest person who deliberately took the red SOLD tag (with my name on it) off my hanging basket at Oak Gardens, took it in to the counter and purchased it.

Shame on you.

It is people like you who ruin it for the rest of us. I purchased the hanging basket weeks ago and left it there so that it could have more time in the greenhouse before taking it home.

May I suggest that next year you go out and purchase your hanging basket before the selection has been picked over so that you won't steal someone else's.

If you would do it with flowers, you would most likely steal someone's Christmas tree as well.

I hope that each and every time that you look at that basket this summer, it reminds you about what kind of person you are and how you got that perfect basket, and I hope you get absolutely no enjoyment from its beauty.

I believe in karma and I hope you get it back ten-fold.

C. Weaver
Belgrade


---
---

I would like you to know the Herculean effort it took to simply transcribe that and not add commentary.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

I am speechless...

9:01 AM  
Blogger Tanaya said...

I find that the letters to the editor are the most entertaining portion of the Comical...er...Chronicle.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Paulette said...

Flower karma's a bitch.

The kid and I were in a dressing room at K0hl's on Monday, when a catfight broke out in the one next door between an elderly lady and a younger one over ownership of the dressing room. The elderly lady was claiming the younger should have known it was hers because she had left her socks in there. The younger woman called her crabby. One would have thought it might be ended with an apology, but no...it went on and On and ON, like a couple of pit bulls. Of course, me and DD just snickered. I mean, really.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Joe...where did you hang the damn basket anyway?

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home