Thursday, June 26, 2008

You don't know me but I'm your brother

I never cease to be amazed that I continue to see brand new things in my late-30's.

I just saw a guy who had the most fantastic variation of the combover I have ever seen.



Until just now, the world recognized Donald Trump as the king of combover innovation. His is no mere combover; it is a combforward-around-over.



The paradigm has shifted. The king is dead; long live the king.

The man I just saw turned the entire combover world on its ear.

Rather than utilizing the grow-the-side-hair-and-slick-it-over-the-bald-spot, this guy grew it from the back, and combed it straight forward, kinda caesar-style.

It was awesome. I did a double-take, and fabricated a reason to walk past him again, just to check it out.

Whoever you are, sir, I salute you and your spirit of innovation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

Donald would look better bald than he does with his swoop. Seriously, there are only two words for his stylist (which is probably himself): You're fired.

We had this professional photographer taking our senior class picture. He was a nicely groomed older gentleman with a lot of white hair. Unfortunately, we only found out how much hair he had and from whence it originated on his head when the wind came up behind him as he was behind the camera tripod. It unwound like a cotton candy machine in reverse. That guy had like foot-long sections of hair wrapped in some kind of amazing configuration on his head. (I imagine something like Gene Simmons has going on today). Needless to say, he caught us all grinning like jackasses when he snapped the picture.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

That is a fantastic story, P.

Best paragraph I have read in a long time.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Does he have to be the best at everything, even the comb over? It looks like shit.

Dude has the cash, he should call Elton and ask who made his new wigs, at least his look real... better than that crap he has on his cranium.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home