Wednesday, October 01, 2008

to protect and serve

B-lain told me, "You need to blog, bitch."

Here goes:

Several people contacted me regarding the last three posts, expressing some confusion. Those posts were fiction, which I assumed was obvious. It wasn't some obscure metaphor; frankly, I'm not that deep.

I read exclusively fiction (30 - 50 novels per year... insomnia helps- I woke up today at 2 a.m. and read til 7), yet I have never really made any attempt to write fiction, despite the fact that I clearly love to write (this is my 951st post on this forum, plus easily double that on other forums since 1998... THSMB!!!)

It's strange that I haven't tried to write a novel, or even a short story. I don't even really care for this confessional style of online diary, or whatever the hell it is, even though it's clearly interesting enough for hundreds of you to read it on a regular basis for ten years. It kind of makes me sick, actually.

I can't really tell you the whole truth, which is way more interesting. I'm just not that much of an extrovert, plus, let's face it, I make a shitload of money at my "real" job and I'd hate to mess that up.

You know that old saying, "money can't solve your problems?"

Bullshit.

It may not solve your problems, but it sure can make 90% of them go away.

Anyway, I'd like to try writing some fiction here. If you don't like it, don't read it. Just stop emailing and calling me.

I'd also love to play some serious rock and roll guitar, by the way. I am sure the success rate will be similar.

In the meantime, I think I have lost the thread.

This is my favorite Weezer song:



I wish I could throw a baseball 90 miles an hour.

I have had a hard time at work lately.

This blog is a stupid diversion. Quit writing and asking if everything is alright. I get exasperated and not a little bit annoyed.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought only mexicans hang drywall?

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you taking requests? How about a post with all the cool bumper stickers/graffiti you have been observing in the valley in the last few days?

12:33 PM  
Blogger hotlipz said...

Is everything all right?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Eve Grey said...

Your writing those last few posts reminded me of a play about the war I've been listening to on CBC.
Oh, and what's your phone number so I can ask you what's wrong? (jokes!)

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home