Monday, December 01, 2008

Don't you know it's gonna be... alright?
Don't you know it's gonna be
alright?

With the economy the way it is, it may not be so bad to be carrying a picture of Chairman Mao.

(You may not make it with anyone, anyhow.)

Anyway, I wanted to write a little bit about my dear, sainted mother.

She said something to me that rocked me back on my heels.

By the time she was 42, she had two kids in college.

She lost her parents when she was 17 (dad) and 21 (mom).

She married my dad, had me (((((which is when the planets began to revolve around the sun)))), my dad got drafted, went off on an aircraft carrier, they had two more kids, and just got it done.

Hooked me up with a sweet lunchbox, too.

I just love her.

My mom is awesome, and I am pretty damn sure all of you who know her would agree.

To draw it all back to the now, my bro-in-law, Pat, actually knew how to play the drums!



We rocked a few tunes. He passed his audition. He's in The Mitten.

So is this dude.



My dad was taking video. I am not sure what we were playing... but this is me on guitar and vocals, Pat on drums, and Little Joey on the Oh-My-Gosh-Am-I-Embarrassed-You-Caught-Me-Rocking-Out-So-Hard percussion.



He is in the band, too.

Funny.



I've got more, but how can you follow that?

Live footage from the Boogie Station?

C'mon. Just enjoy it and be glad I still do this.

Besides, kid's got rhythmn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paulette said...

That's the cutest video! The boy's definitely got rhythm.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fab! He's a headbanger, like his uncle Joe!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home