Thursday, December 18, 2008

I found a picture of you

We had a brutal cold snap. Friday, it was -18. Saturday, it was -20. Sunday, it was -20. Monday, it was -22.

Shay-zus.

Blain stayed over on Saturday. The three of us sat in the hot tub, with hats on, for an hour.

His car wouldn't even turn over. Bells came over with his plow truck and plowed out my driveway.

(Don't I have great friends?)

He jumped Blain's car.

Then Chris, Stanette and I laid down some grooves in the Boogie Station.

It is sounding pretty incredible. Seriously. I have probably been playing guitar an average of 15 hours a week since July, when we moved in. Bells and I have played together since 1991. I'm not gonna lie to you, it's good.

It's definitely fit for public consumption, but we just keep it in the Boogie Station.

Our Rockin' In The Free World will make you hold up your lighter and scream for more.

We lay down a pretty tripped-out I Will Survive, by way of Cake, filtered through a heavy phase.

This is what you do in Bozeman, Montana, when you are waiting for another foot of snow. Listen to a lot of Radiohead, make sure your pipes don't freeze, prioritize your Netflix queue, turn up the heaet and hunker down.

And maybe you shoot a moose, or build a bunker.

I'm stuck, stuck, stuck, thought you had it in you to know.

But, for real, this little hobby is rapidly becoming an obsession.

Right now, we're working on a little rearrangement of the Pretenders, Brass In Pocket.



Detroit leaning.

It doesn't take much to fall in love with Chrissy Hynde.



Her whole band just hangs out in the pocket. Watch that video. ^^^

Really, if you like that rock and roll music, play that video.

5 Comments:

Blogger b-lain said...

dude, the hot tub is the icing on the cake.

good times. good times...

although red lodge is much closer and cheaper, I'm going to try and get a big sky ski day in this year, so we can have a soak afterwards.

happy friday.

6:43 AM  
Blogger BUZZ said...

We're getting pummeld with snow here as we speak (I love having the option of working from home). 9-10 inches so far and probably well over a foot by the time it is all said and done!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Somehow, the snow passed us by last night.

I do make a wicked peanut brittle when the weather's crappy. Anise candy too. Here's hoping for more crappy weather.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

80 degrees here last 2 weeks,i want some of that cold

10:10 PM  
Blogger b-lain said...

dude you need to get back on the blog.

I have gone through thefoggymonocle blog as well, but you can't expect me to "work" all day.

Help a brother out would you?

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home