Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jesus is just alright with me

I haven't written much lately. Life has simply gotten in the way. But here goes:

My friend, Tony, came out for Labor Day weekend.



The plan was to go to Big Sky to see the Doobie Brothers.



No, Michael McDonald was not with them. He was too busy rocking a yacht to play to 2000 bikers, ski bums, yahoos, wahoos and us under the stars at Big Sky.



They stuck to the Dependin' On You, Without Love, China Grove, Black Water side of their oeuvre.



Tony and I went up early and rode the lift to play disc golf atop Andesite Mountain.



It was a challenging layout, and I lost several discs.



We used to play together a lot, when I lived around the corner from him in The Dam.



It was something I enjoyed, and it just stopped when I moved to Montana. Tony also pretty much stopped playing when I left.



So when we get together, we usually try to play a round for nostalgia's sake.



The course looped around and through several ski runs, and came close to the Yellowstone Club boundary.



It was a gorgeous day.



We found some mushrooms. We did not eat them.



This is the typical piece of crap house they throw up at the Yellowstone Club.



I recreated a picture I took the last time Tony was here.



Bells came and got us and took us the 5 miles to the show.



Bells and Tony grew up right across the street from each other, and have known each other since they were wee, little lads.



I came on the scene somewhere between 6th and 7th grade, so I only go back with these guys 28 years or so.



^Tricky joined us.



As did his wife, Janelle. Stanette was just beginning to have a bad time.



It just spiraled from there.







People began to get down.



The night was warm and clear.



Yes, yes.



We all stayed up there, and then ventured back down the canyon to mi casa on Saturday.



Tony, Bells and I spent the day in seclusion in the Boogie Station, cooking up grooves for 6 hours.



I swear, it felt like I played and sang just about every song of the hundreds I know.



It was fun.

Things are back to clean living until October 1, when we get on a plane to fly to Austin to celebrate my 40th year on earth.

5 Comments:

Blogger k-top said...

Sweet.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Coach Ky said...

Early Happy Birthday to you and have a safe trip to Austin. Michelle and I are both turning 40 this year also!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Piece of crap house at the Yellowstone Club"

That's the most beautiful house I've ever seen at the top of Andesite Mtn. I was hiking there and admiring the house last summer and the owner came out. I told him the house was awesome. He thanked me and we had a real nice chat. Then he invited me to ski one day the next winter. Me, a complete stranger ! I did and the skiing was amazing. Some of the houses were big and tacky but many were fantastic. The members were younger and nicer than I expected.

I just read where the new owners covered the local debts of the old idiots who ran the place into the ground. They didn't have to do that.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Anonymous... in case it didn't come across, I was joking. That house is gorgeous.

I am jealous you got to ski there. I have been trying to wrangle an invite for a couple of years, to no avail.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Fred Shero said...

The brunette with the white blouse was folding her arms just like Morpheus(The Matrix Productions).

She must rock.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home