Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids

In fact, it's cold as hell



The insurance adjuster came by the house today. We had a ridiculous hailstorm, golf ball to baseball size was reported. Everyone's car, including Stanette's, looks like a Jiffy Pop.

Her car was totaled. We need a new roof, gutters, a couple windows, some siding, paint, stain on the whole goddamn fence... and on the cedar shakes. The hail beat the stain right off it.



^^Picture from the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.

On writer's almanac on NPR today, Garrison Keilor recited a Charles Bukowski poem about the middle finger, flipping the bird.

I am just a fun lovin', low level criminal. I drive the getaway car. I get a cut of the take.



My friend, Dave, did this in response to my middle-aged, lawn-mowing angst.

I'm starting to enjoy it, too. I love my weed-wacker. The nineteen year old me would be disgusted with the forty year old me.



^^That's Dave.




The keys light up on my organ. (heh heh heh) Seriously, that has really helped me to learn piano. Best $ 50 I have ever spent. Really.



Heh heh.



My friend Blain was in Billings and he saw a jacked-up Dodge with smokestacks and a bumper sticker that said, "NUGENT-PALIN 2012."



And, why not? The Mayans say we're done in 2012. We may as well go out laughing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

I'm sure the 19 year old would be in awe of the 40 year old's buying power.

I wonder if that's something all men deal with - keeping their inner teenager at bay...

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit that has to suck. Sorry to hear about it. Thankfully we hardly ever have hail here. Glad to hear insurance will take care of all of it.

Mop

11:29 AM  
Blogger THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

The pool table is very nice.

6:55 PM  
Blogger THE BLUEST BUTTERFLY said...

The pool table is very nice.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home